In my family we use to buy a ton of girl scout cookies each year but now knowing what they stand for and teach we no longer support their cause or cookies! Below will be the real facts of the Girl scout Association!
Where Does the Cookie Money Go?
- A girl’s troop keeps an average of just 10 to 20 percent of the money she collects from selling cookies.
- The local council receives an average of 65 to 75 percent of the money collected by all local troops.
- Girl Scouts USA (GSUSA) collects a royalty payment based upon their licensed trademark on every box of cookies produced. With approximately 200 million boxes of cookies sold annually, and the cookie licensing payments accounting for 5 to 7 percent of GSUSA’s budget, this amounts to millions of dollars of funding for GSUSA every year.
What’s the Concern About Funding Girl Scout Councils and GSUSA?
- GSUSA, with over 2 million girl members, maintains relationships with many pro-abortion advocacy groups.
- Girl Scouts’ curriculum for girls, sold and promoted by every local Girl Scout council, recommendspro-abortion role models/organizations such as Betty Friedan, Gloria Steinem, Geraldine Ferraro, Hillary Clinton, Amnesty Intl., Population Council, ACLU and National Organization For Women (NOW).
- GSUSA and local Girl Scout councils connect girls to resources promoting abortion rights and inappropriate sexual content via official Girl Scout social media accounts.
- Across the country, local Girl Scout councils honor and promote abortion rights advocates and pro-abortion politicians; suggest girls work with organizations that fight for abortion on demand; and invitegirls to attend events related to abortion rights advocacy and other controversial issues.
- GSUSA is the largest member organization of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS), making up one-third of its 10 million members worldwide and paying approximately 1.5 million dollars annually to WAGGGS based on the number of registered GSUSA members.
- WAGGGS, which states that “anyone who is a Girl Guide or Girl Scout is automatically a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts,” aggressively promotes youth reproductive/abortion and sexual rights, specifically on behalf of its 10 million members.